Not Enough Storage, iCloud Storage is Full.
Apple provides all users with 5gb of storage in the iCloud for free. For most users this will not be enough storage for our amazing photos videos and messages. It is highly recommended to upgrade your iCloud storage if you are one to not plug in your iPhone to backup your device to iTunes. I will give instructions on both backup methods.
iTunes Backup Method (Free)
You can backup your iPhone iPod and iPad to any Mac or PC that has the latest iTunes Software. If your iTunes is out of date and there are no updates when you select the Apple at the top left and Software Update, you will need to upgrade your operating system. Follow the instructions on this page.
Plug in your iPhone, iPod or iPad into the USB Port of your Mac or PC.
Open iTunes if your machine doesn’t open it already.
Select your iPhone on the top next to My Music (iPhone icon)
Select Back Up Now under Manually Back Up and Restore
Once the process is finished, it will have a time stamp under Latest Backup and iTunes will show you all of the methods it has been backed up.
iCloud Backup (Starting at $0.99 per month)
This is by far the easiest and most convenient way to backup your iPhone. Your iPhone backs up every time your iPhone is on the charger and on WiFi. This generally happens every night. Don’t ignore the iCloud out of space messages. Upgrade to 50GB for only $0.99 per month.
- Make sure you have plenty of battery if you want to do an initial backup and you must be on WiFi.
- On your device open Settings
- Select iCloud
- Select Storage
- Select Storage Plan
- Depending on needs, if your iPhone is a 16GB I would select the 50GB plan. Alternatively you can select the 200GB plan (preferred)
- Go back to the main iCloud settings
- Select Backup and make sure it on (Green switch)
- You can do a manual back up if you are connected to WiFi and have enough battery to complete the back up.
The default settings is to back up the entire contents of your device. You can switch off parts of the backup to save on space. If you have any questions, call us at the number below. We are available to help.